POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Problem with Fade_Distance, Fade_Power and Media? (smokey.jpg 52k) : Re: Problem with Fade_Distance, Fade_Power and Media? (smokey.jpg 52k) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 09:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with Fade_Distance, Fade_Power and Media? (smokey.jpg 52k)
From: David Heys
Date: 28 Jan 2000 19:21:17
Message: <38922EC4.8F1A5F7F@gci.net>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> I don't know what the question was, but this image is one of the most
> interesting things I've seen here. No idea what it is, but who cares? ;)

As to what the scene is.. Well, it's whatever the viewer wants it to be. So
far, I've gotten comments that range from "Gigeresque" to "What's with the
smiling ducks?". <grin> I enjoy the scene and may or may not develop it
more. It's fairly bare, and I kind of like it that way.

The problem I ran into is how the media has turned from white to black at
the end of the light source's fade_distance. I'd originally hoped the media
would fade off as the light did. Instead, the media seemed to inverse its
color from white to black. I'm not sure this is a bug, or just because I
didn't add something somewhere. The media is method 3 scattering.

David
--
Keeper of the family pets.
"You want fish? I got fish. I got fish, and eels, and turtles, and snails,